Towards the reopening of schools in Nigeria, the following guidelines are expected to be duly observed and put to practice by primary schools, secondary or high schools and the tertiary institutions:
1. Safe Distancing: School pupils and students should stay two metres apart.
Class rooms, dining halls, staff rooms and office spaces should maintain space for social distancing.
2. Alternate Attendance days per week: All schools should change the number of days their student go school.
Junior secondary school students should go to school on Tuesdays and Thursday while Primary school students attend school on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
3. Staggered Attendance: School pupils and students should arrive schools at different times and leave at different times.
4. Out door learning: some school pupils and students should learn in out door area instead of inside class.
5. Platooning: schools should be divided to morning and afternoon classes.
6. Decrease interaction: school children should remain in one area or location for teachers to meet them.
To this end we say “Stay Safe” to all Schools in Nigeria.